As we all know that the fields need more water for irrigation, in such a situation, if the crops are not able to get water properly, then the agriculture of the farmers gets spoiled. Keeping this thing in view, Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana has been started.
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana
India is an agricultural country. The economy here is mainly dependent on agriculture. Agriculture is the main source of income for more than 60% of the population here. In such a situation, farmers need water to irrigate their fields, keeping this in mind the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) has been started. The main goal of the government in this scheme is to provide subsidy to the farmers for the purchase of subsidized agricultural equipment for timely irrigation of their crops.
For whatever irrigation equipment installed in the fields by the farmers, financial assistance and subsidy will be provided by the government. Along with this, information about new irrigation equipment, method of use and irrigation management will be made available to the farmers.
Features of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana launch date was 1st July, 2015.
- Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana has been started by our Honorable Prime Minister to provide various types of assistance to the farmers.
- The main goal of starting this scheme is to increase the income of the farmers and provide them various benefits.
- Under this scheme, water facility will be provided to the farmers of the country for irrigation.
- Various researches will be made by the government for water facilities like water harvesting, ground water development etc.
- Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana benefits can be availed by only those farmers who have their own farming and water source.
- Under this scheme, subsidy is also provided to the farmers to buy irrigation equipment.
- Not only subsidy will be provided, besides this also drip irrigation, sprinkler irrigation will be promoted.
- Increase in yield will be achieved through this scheme.
- Under this scheme, a grant of 80% to 90% will be provided by the government for the irrigation equipment.
- The main objective of starting this scheme is to provide adequate amount of water to the farmers for their irrigation.
Also read: Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
Objective of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana
The main objective of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) is to provide subsidy on equipment purchase for irrigation of agriculture because if proper amount of water is not available, the agriculture will get spoiled and at the end, farmer will suffer.
The main goal of this scheme is to provide proper irrigation system to every fields of the country so that the damage caused by the impulsion of drought is stopped and the available equipment is used efficiently so that the income of the farmer will increase and he can live his life well.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana
- Under this scheme, farmers will be provided subsidy on equipment purchase for irrigation of agriculture.
- The benefit of this scheme will be given to the cultivable land.
- Its benefit will be served to those farmers of the country who have their own cultivable land.
- Under this scheme, there will be expansion in agriculture, there will be increase in productivity and there will be complete development of the economy.
- 75% of the grant will be given by the Central Government and the remaining 25% will be given by the State Government.
- The use of new equipment will save 50% of water and increase agricultural production by 40% and also increase the quality of the yield.
- 2000 crore will be spent by the government under this scheme and 3000 crore is estimated to be spent in the next financial year.
Budget for Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana 2021
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana 2021 has been started by the government to help the farmers. Under this scheme, water will be made available to irrigate the fields. A virtual cabinet meeting was held on 22 December 2020 under the leadership of Chief Minister Shri Shivraj Singh Chouhan. In this meeting, the cabinet has allocated Rs 1706 crore for the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana 2021. Previously, Pradhan Mantri Sinchai Yojana 2020 budget was allocated as Rs 996 crore. Borewells will also be constructed in the fields, so that irrigation facilities can be made available to the farmers.
Also read: Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana 2021: Eligibility
- Farmers belonging to all the states of India can apply for the scheme.
- Farmers belonging to every category can register under this scheme.
- It is mandatory for the farmer to have cultivable land and water source.
- Documents related to the land are required to be submitted.
- Benefits of this scheme will also be given to farmers who have taken land on lease agreement for at least 7 years.
- It is mandatory for farmers to have their own bank account.
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana 2021: Required Documents
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID, Ration Card
- Jamabandi of land
- Other documents based on land
- Bank account and bank passbook
- Passport size photo
- Mobile number
- Email ID
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Yojana Online Registration Process: 2021
The application process for registering this scheme has not been started yet, but the official website has been made available, from where the farmers will get to know the information related to this scheme or the date of applying in the future. If you have missed the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana online application 2020, then the 2021 registration is here.
Official website:- https://pmksy.gov.in/
Whenever the registration will start, then the applicant will have to apply by visiting this link pmksy.gov.in login and after applying, a list will be prepared by the departmental officials. Beneficiaries will be benefited under this list.
“Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana” was implemented to solve the problems related to water saving, water management, and irrigation problems of farmers. Under this scheme, all types of irrigation facilities will be provided to the farmers.
So every farmer should keep checking the given link when the registration process will start. Every farmer must enroll his name as soon as the registration process starts. This will solve all their irrigation-related problems, they will not have to depend on rain for irrigation.
Also read: Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
PMKSY Contact Information
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana. After this, the homepage of the website will open in front of you.
- On the homepage of the website, you have to click on the option of “Contact“. After that, the next page will open in front of you.
- The contact information will be displayed on this page.
PMKSY Important Links
PMKSY Scheme Guidelines- Click Here
PMKSY Operational Guidelines- Click Here
Revised PMKSY Operational Guidelines- Click Here
Micro Irrigation (Online Workflow Based MIS)- pmksy.nic.in login
Official Website- http://pmksy.gov.in/
We hope that, along with the farmers, this article was also useful for the studies of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana Upsc.