Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana was launched on 8 May 2015 by the Prime Minister of the country, Narendra Modi. Under this scheme, all those citizens of the country who belong to the economically weaker section will be benefited. It is a type of personal accident insurance scheme in which the benefit of accident insurance is provided in the event of death or disability of the person by paying the premium amount every year. Today we are going to share all types of information related to the PMSBY scheme through this article.
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY)
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana has been started for the economically weaker sections, in which they will be provided the benefit of insurance in case of accident on depositing a premium of Rs 12 annually through the lowest rate. If the person dies in an accident or becomes physically handicapped, then in that case the person can claim accident insurance up to Rs 2 lakh under the scheme by the government. But this Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana benefits only the poor people.
Highlights of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
|Name of the scheme||PMSBY (Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana)|
|Who started||Government of India|
|When started||8 May 2015|
|Objective||Providing accident insurance|
|Beneficiary||Economically weaker section of the country|
|Beneficiary Age||18 to 70 years|
|Insurance coverage||1-2 lakh rupees|
|Coverage Rules||Accidental Coverage (Full 2 Lakh / Partial 1 Lakh)|
|Premium amount payable per year||12 rupees|
|Medium||Online Form and Offline Submit|
Objectives of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
The main objective of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana is to provide insurance claim assistance to the poor families who are unable to provide health facilities for themselves in case of any kind of accident. In such a situation, those poor families have to go through a bunch of difficulties for the convenience of treatment. Partially disabled citizens will be provided with the facility to claim insurance up to Rs 1 lakh under the scheme. An opportunity to claim insurance of Rs 2 lakh will be available under the scheme, who has died due to accident. Even in the event of complete disability, citizens can claim up to Rs 2 lakh.
Also read: Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
Payable Amount for PM Suraksha Bima Yojana
All persons between the age of 18 years to 70 years are eligible to join the scheme by the central government who have an account in any bank. If a citizen has more than one bank account, he can only get the benefit of this insurance scheme through the one bank account. Aadhaar card will be the primary form of KYC for the individual’s bank account. Under Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana, the period of insurance cover has been fixed for one year, whose premium policy time has been fixed from June 1 to May 31. The premium amount under the scheme will be paid through auto credit from the bank account of the beneficiary citizens.
PMSBY Claim Amount
|S.NO||Insurance Status||Insurance Amount|
|1||In case of death of person||2 lakh rupees|
|2||In case of an accident, the citizen is completely handicapped||2 lakh rupees|
|3||In case of complete loss of one eye sight in the event of an accident and in case of handicap in one leg||1 lakh rupees|
Benefits of PM Suraksha Bima Yojana
- Under this insurance scheme Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana, all citizens who are economically weaker section can get the benefit of insurance in case of accident.
- All bank account holders and citizens from the age of 18 years to 70 years can join PM Suraksha Bima Yojana to take insurance.
- The premium amount of Rs 12 will be auto debited from the bank account of the beneficiary on an annual basis.
- The premium policy term has been fixed from 1st June to 31st May.
- If the person has bank accounts at different banks, then he can join this PM Suraksha Bima Yojana from any one bank.
- If a person is partially disabled due to an accident, then he will get an insurance coverage amount of Rs 1 lakh under the scheme.
- Along with this, in the event of death or in case of complete physical disability, the beneficiary citizen will get a sum insured of Rs 2 lakh.
- PMSBY is mainly launched to benefit the poor family citizens.
Also read: Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
PMSBY Scheme Eligibility and Criteria
To join this insurance scheme, citizens have to comply with the conditions given below.
- Citizens from 18 years of age to 70 years of age are eligible under the insurance scheme.
- The premium amount will be deducted every year from the individual’s bank account through auto credit. For this, the applicant will have to sign in the contract letter.
- It is mandatory for a person to have Aadhar card to join the scheme.
- If a person dies, in that case the same member of the family will get the insurance claim which was presented as the nominee at the time of applying.
- If a citizen has more than one bank account, he could only join through one of his bank accounts.
- Every year the beneficiary has to get the policy renewed under the scheme.
Documents Required For PMSBY Scheme
- Applicant’s Aadhaar card
- Voter ID card
- Bank account passbook
- Age certificate
- Income certificate
- Mobile number
- Passport size photo
How to apply for Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana?
To get the benefit of PM Suraksha Bima Yojana, the beneficiary applicant citizen has to follow the steps given below.
- To apply, the applicant has to visit the branch of his bank.
- Now the application form has to be taken from the bank staff under the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana.
- For Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana Apply Online- Only Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana pdf application form can be downloaded and printed through their official website online. (You can also download the application form of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana in Hindi language from their online portal)
- After applying the application form, now all the information given in the application form will have to be filled.
- Such as applicant’s bank account number, applicant’s full name, address, date of birth, mobile number, Aadhaar number, email etc.
- After filling all the important information, the applicant has to put his signature in the application form and attach all the important documents with the application form.
- Later on, the application form has to be submitted in the bank office.
- By following these steps, the process of applying in the insurance plan will be completed.
PMSBY State Wise Toll Free Number
To get any type of information related to the scheme, you can contact the helpline number based on your state.
- Log in to the official website of www.jansuraksha.gov.in to get PMSBY state wise toll free number.
- On the home page of the website, click on the Contact Us option.
- Now in the new page you have to click on the option of State Wise Toll Free pdf.
- After this the list of toll free numbers of all the states will open on the next page.
- From this pdf list it can be helpful in getting your state toll free number.
|PM Suraksha Bima Yojana Website||Click here|
|Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana Application Form||Download from here|
|Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana Claim Form||Download from here|
|State wise contact details related to the scheme for PDF file||Click here|
|National toll free number||1800-180-1111
Frequently Asked Questions
When was the PM Suraksha Bima Yojana launched?
PM Suraksha Bima Yojana was launched on 15 May 2015, but it was fully initiated in the country from 1 June 2015.
How to download PMSBY certificate?
For Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana Certificate Download, applicant have to go through their online portal.
How much premium amount will the applicant citizen have to pay on an annual basis?
Under the PM Suraksha Bima Yojana, a premium amount of Rs 12 will have to be paid every year.
How can the applicant citizen pay the premium amount?
The payment of premium amount will be paid through auto debit from the bank account of the applicant citizen. This amount will be obtained from the bank account of the person on the basis of civil contract.
Who is eligible to enroll the scheme?
All individual bank account holders from the age of 18 years to the age of 70 years are eligible to join the scheme.
Can We Apply With Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana SBI Bank Account and Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana Online Apply Pnb ?
Yes, all commercial banks are qualified to activate this insurance scheme.
When will the accident cover of the applicant citizen expire?
After the applicant citizen completes the age of 70 years, in this event, renewal of the insurance policy and the accident cover of the applicant citizen will be terminated.
In the event of death, how much insured sum will be provided to the family of the deceased person through Suraksha Bima Yojana?
In the event of death of the applicant citizen in an accident, the family members of the deceased will be provided insurance of Rs 2 lakh.