The government of India has launched the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana for the citizens of the country. This is a life insurance plan that was started with the purpose that if the head of the family dies and there is no other adult person in his household to earn income. In such a situation, the victim’s family has to face financial problems. With this in mind, the Central Government inaugurated Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana on May 9, 2015.Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana apply online
Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
PMJJBY is initiated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. PMJJBY stands for Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana. Beneficiaries can be made under this scheme. Those who are more than 50 years of age cannot apply under this scheme.
Under the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana, in case of death due to any reason, the coverage amount of insurance is given to the nominee of the deceased person. The tenure of this life insurance plan is 1 year and after that it is renewed.
The scheme commences from 31 May and the scheme is renewed on 1 June by paying the premium through a bank account. A premium of Rs 330 per year is automatically debited from the beneficiary’s bank account.
Highlights of PM Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana 2021
|Name of the scheme||PMJJBY (Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana)|
|Who started||Government of India|
|When started||9 May 2015|
|Objective||Providing life insurance to all citizens from the country|
|Beneficiary||All citizens of the country|
|Beneficiary Age||18 to 50 years|
|Insurance coverage||2 lakh rupees|
|Premium amount payable per year||330 rupees|
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana benefits are mentioned below:
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana is a term insurance plan. Which provides financial assistance of Rs 2 lakh to the family in the event of the death of the beneficiary for any reason.
- This government scheme is a joint scheme run through LIC and other Indian private insurance companies. Which provides protection to people at low investment.
- For Prime Minister Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana, you have to pay a very low premium amount, this amount is only 330 rupees (in which the service tax will be added separately).
Features of Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
- From the day the premium amount is deducted from the bank account, the person will get the facility of Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY).
- In Jeevan Jyoti Bima yojana scheme you need to have a bank account, which can be used in auto-debit.
- At the time of policy renewal, premiums will be deducted from your account every year from your bank account.
- For the renewal of the policy, the amount is paid up to the age of 50 and the insurance coverage will be provided up to the age of 55.
- Anyone can join the scheme without any health certificate. The person can join the scheme at any date by paying the premium for the whole year.
- There is no need for Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana certificate download, you can download, fill and submit the application form with required documents in your bank branch to activate your plan.
- In Jeevan Jyoti Insurance, a person can join the plan from only one account and insurance company.
- A person can join the scheme from a single account and only one insurance company.
- In the event of insufficient amount in the bank account for renewal, holder will be withdrawn from the scheme.
- Individuals who opt out of the scheme and wish to rejoin the scheme can join the scheme by paying annual premium in upcoming years. However, for such holders, the insurance benefit will not be available for death occurring during the first 45 days from the date of re-enrollment in the plan.
Eligibility For Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
Candidates must meet certain requirements/qualifications to apply for Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana. Only by meeting these requirements, you can fill the application form of the scheme. The eligibility of PMJJBY is as follows –
- The age of the applicant should be above 18 years.
- Applicants applying for the scheme should be permanent citizens of India.
- Any citizen of India can apply for this scheme.
- In case of multiple bank accounts, the applicant will have to apply through any one bank account.
Documents For Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
Those candidates who want to take advantage of Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana 2021 will need some necessary documents to complete the application form. These documents are as follows:
- Aadhar Card
- Bank passbook
- Passport size photo
- Voter ID card
- Address proof
- Email ID
- Mobile number
Premium amount payable per year under Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
Under Prime Minister Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana, a premium of Rs 330 is paid per year. The premium amount is an automatic debit that is automatically deducted from the beneficiary’s bank account. You can obtain the information on the amount of the premium payable through the table provided below:
|Premium payable to insurance company||289 Rupees|
|Administrative fees of participating bank||11 Rupees|
|BC, Micro, Agent Expenses||30 Rupees|
Application Process For Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
Those candidates who want to apply for Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana. They can easily fill the application form of the scheme by following the procedure given below. The application process for PM Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana is as follows.
- To apply for Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana, candidates first enter the official website of JanSuraksha.gov.in whose URL you can be seen in the picture below.
- After this, the home page of the official portal Jan-Dhan se Jan Suraksha will be opened in front of you. On this page, you have to click on the option of Forms available in the dropdown-menu. You can see in the picture below.
- There are two option in Forms, Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana and Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana. You can also go for this Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana apply online, but we will continue with the first one.
- In the next page you will get the option of Application Form, click on it.
- On clicking, you get various language options to download the form. Here you can choose the language you want and select the particular Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana pdf.
- After that, the application form opens as a PDF file in the language you have chosen. You have to download this Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana form online and take a print out of this form.
- After this, you have to enter all the information which has been asked in the application form.
- After filling the form, you will have to attach all the necessary documents which are asked for the scheme along with the form.
- After that you will have to go to your bank branch and submit this PMJJBY application form.
There is no need for Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana login and any savings bank account can do the job. Whether you apply in Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana sbi or Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana sbi, the scheme will do the same job.
How to Claim in Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Yojana
- The nominee will have to contact the bank with the Claim Form where the member had a ‘Savings Bank Account’ linked under the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana.
- The nominee will have to give his complete information along with the death certificate, bank account passbook or photocopy of the cancellation check.
- The bank will fill its column after checking their records and the claim form, then they’ll forward the documents to the concerned insurance company’s office.
- The maximum time limit for a bank to forward a duly completed claim form to the insurance company, is thirty days from the submission of the claim form.
We have provided all the necessary information related to PM Jeevan Jyoti Insurance Scheme through this article. If you want to get any other information related to this scheme, then you can check their official portal.
We hope that the information given by us will help you in filling the plan application form. You can contact this 1800-180-1111 / 1800-110-001 helpline number for troubleshooting or filing a complaint related to this scheme.
Here are pradhan mantri jeevan jyoti bima yojana apply online, yojana, login details, benifits