Forbes has done a study on the richest people in the world and has come to some interesting conclusions. For instance, there are 46 million people in the world whose wealth exceeds one million dollars. Among them, only 2,755 people exceed one billion dollars.
Now you’ll get know 15 interesting facts about the billionaires of the world that will definitely blow your mind.
1) A total of 46 million millionaires are estimated worldwide, but there are only 2,755 billionaires in the world.
2) These 2,755 billionaires have a total wealth of $13.1 trillion.
3) These 2,755 billionaires alone control 4% of all the world’s wealth and the richest 1% people in the world controls 40% of the world’s wealth.
4) There is one billionaire for every 3 million people. Will it touch you?
5) Asia is the continent with the most billionaires in the world. In Asia we would have a total of 1,149 billionaires.
Also read: Oyo Rooms Answers Sexist Comments & Trolls On Social Media
6) The United States is the country with the most billionaires in the world. It has 724 billionaires and then China has 698 billionaires and in third place, India has 177 billionaires.
7) Beijing is the city (also the capital of China) that has made the most billionaires. It has 100 billionaires where New York has 99 billionaires.
8) The average billionaire is 63 years old. This means that being a billionaire takes time. Only 7% of them are under 45, like the owner of Facebook.
9) Billionaires invest heavily in real estate. There are 256 billionaires in the world whose main business is in real estate.
10) They also invest in other types of assets. One in 30 billionaires owns a sports team, while others purchase yachts, a private jet, luxury cars, antiques, and artwork.
11) 65% of billionaires are married, and although some have divorces behind them, that means the self-made billionaire is usually married and has a stable companion in life.
Also read: ‘Sorry Love, Ate Your Food’: Delivery Executive Surprises Customer With This Text
12) 70% of billionaires have college degrees, with the largest wealth maker institutions like Harvard University, Yale University and University of Pennsylvania
13) Still 30% of billionaires have no college education. Among this special group would be Bill Gates and Steve Jobs, who decided not to continue with the university.
14) 60% of billionaires made their wealth out of thin air. Despite the belief that billionaires have inherited their wealth, the truth is that 60% of them have built their empires from scratch.
Also read: Untold Stories Behind These 10 Popular Brand Names