The rule of online registration for the corona vaccine has changed. Now, after registering online, the 4-digit security code on the registered mobile number has to be mentioned. Vaccination will be done on the basis of this security code. The Ministry of Health has issued an order in this regard and a new feature is also added to the Co-Win portal from 8 May. This will keep fake people away and simplify the CoWin system.
How to register with the new security feature?
- Registration for vaccination can be done only through the CoWIN website or the Arogya Setu App.
- Registration can be done via mobile number on CoWIN. For this, you get a one-time password.
- During registration, you will have to provide the identification number printed on your photo ID card. You must bring this card with you at the time of vaccination.
- Booking slots for registration and vaccination on CoWIN is now a different thing. Vaccination can be done in a slot, based on the availability of the vaccine in government and private hospitals.
- On successful completion of the booking of the vacancy slot, you will receive a four-digit security code which will have to be given during the vaccination.
Now there will be no such problem
Such cases were coming up that even after online registration on the Co-Win portal, if the beneficiary could not go for vaccination on the scheduled day, then SMS of vaccine dose completion would come on his mobile. The investigation found that due to the fault of the vaccinators, the beneficiaries were left with misinformation, while the person was not vaccinated. Security code is being introduced only to remove such problem.
Without giving a 4 digit code, the vaccine will not be able
The Ministry of Health, Government of India has decided to introduce a 4-digit security code in the Co-Win portal’s and CoWIN application to remove many such hurdles and to avoid inconvenience to the citizens.
Now it will be first confirmed whether the person who came for the vaccine is eligible or not, after that he will be asked the 4-digit security code before injecting the vaccine. That number will then be entered into the Co-Win system. This new feature will be applicable only to those who have registered online for vaccination. This code will be sent via SMS to the beneficiary after booking.
If you have made online booking, then know this
The Health Department has directed that the beneficiary registration slip, your registered mobile on which the SMS has come, should be kept with you, so that there is no obstruction in the vaccination process. Save the four-digit security code. After the vaccination, the beneficiary will receive a message, which will be a proof that the vaccination process has been successfully completed and a digital certificate has been created. If no one receives the SMS, they will have to contact the concerned vaccination center.
Here is the check status of cowin registration, online registration for covid vaccine, register for covid19 vaccine, registration in cowin for age of 45 years, self registration for cowin